Friday, February 21, 2014

Yet another update

I probably should write slightly more often, but I keep forgetting about this blog. In any case, since last time I've added some materials to the buildings. I planned to use interchangeable texture sheets originally, but so far it seems like separate tileable materials are a better fit even if there is a small performance hit.

Figuring out the way maps work in CryEngine was definitely fun. I wonder who thought that it was a good idea to save displacement map as an alpha of an empty texture. It used to be an alpha of the normal map, which kind of makes sense, but apparently they wanted it to be a separate map. I wish I could just export specular, gloss and displacement maps as grayscale files, but oh well.
Additionally, there was a lot of glitches with how cubemaps worked. One of the issues included environment map rendering everything flat.

Luckily, this particular issue seems to have solved itself.
Additionally, I changed the museum building slightly, as well as added water. It's not like the player is going to see it a lot, but it is useful for the fly through video.

← Previous postNext Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.